Sunday, January 17, 2010

It's 4:30 at night, and I'm beginning to write,
I turn on the light to improve my sight,
I put the earphones on and listen to the melody of a song..
I begin the first sentence but it sounds so wrong
an unusual difficulty
I usually have so much to spit outta my system
I begin to listen
the sound of the wind coming from the window in the kitchen
it brings back memmories of when we were children
after a long day of playing
laying in my bed tired
my bedroom curtains are highered
I would stare at the face of the moon
I lick my lips and taste the left overs of my dinner soup..
shooting stars race pass my window in the night sky
oh how i wondered what it was like to fly
I hear a tap coming from my door,
obviously it was my mother coming to tuck me in to read me a story book
it sucks now that I'm older,
I can read a book on my own..
we moved to a new home,
now I'm mature and I don't do the things i use to do no more..

No comments:

Post a Comment